9.27.2014

TOOL BOX FINDS


I discovered this old tool box in our workshop. It was so exciting to find all of these wonderful little treasures.  Um… What shall I do with them??? …..



I don't know about you but I love to create something out of stuff I find. I guess that's why I love yard sales and thrift stores. I don't like to use things traditionally-I like to see how I can take something and make the unordinary-but functional!~

For starters, I found an old horse bit in this box of goodies-why not make a towel rack for my kitchen island?




This old pulley weight came in handy as a napkin ring. I could only find 3 weights so I don't have a true set of 4 but maybe I can use some other gadgets as napkin rings. Mix and match!



I love these old knobs-I can only imagine what they once belonged to. With some left over fabric from my scraps and a scrap piece of old flooring- Well, I decided to make ……….



…. a kitchen valance over my window. I used a 4 foot piece of old wood flooring, the super cute knobs from the tool box and scrap fabric! (Thanks to http://www.onlinefabricstore.net)


It' so fun to look at what you have and then create!



Letters can be made out of anything. I used rusted metal wires from the tool box and scrap wood. 

Our workshop is full of "finds". Recently, we have condensed the "junk" in our workshop and we can actually see what we have to use. My husband is just as creative-I think it's the thrill of the project that we love so much.  I believe we all have a creative side. Get inspired-go to your workshop or junk closet and see what you have then pull it all out in the middle of the floor. Put your thinking cap on and create!! I would love to see your creations. You can Instagram it  @1862Antebellum and hash tag it with #junkycreations. I can't wait to see what you come up with!!


Simple Home Living "Southern Living"