8.13.2014

"Less is More Project"


Hey Sisters! I have a question for you this morning….

Have you ever counted how many pens you have in your home? Not pencils and makers but just pens. Well, last night my family and I rounded up as many pens as we could find and the grand total was …. 192 pens in our home. Let's do the math. A family of 4 with 192 pens-let's see that would come to 48 pens per person (Yes, I used a calculator!) Why does one person need 48 pens?? We don't, do we? The point is that we live in a world of excess.

My daughter said we should come up with a family motto and out of that grew the "Less is More Project". Less stuff and less distractions will give us more time for God, for family and others. So, over the next 30 days we are prayerfully considering what is in excess in our lives and we are sacrificially (when it hurts) giving up and getting rid of stuff in our lives. As I sat down this morning to read the Bible, I love to read a Psalm in the morning and this verse stuck out at me-Of course God speaks when we listen and this is what I heard today.

 "You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is FULLNESS of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore."Psalm 16:11


Did you catch it? "in Your (God's) presence there is FULLNESS!" God is our fullness! Do you want to feel full? I do. I decided today that I was going to eat a huge breakfast so I would be full the rest of the day and not eat as much (I'm a snacker and that gets me into trouble-over eating!) What if we gobbled up God's Word each morning until we were nice and full and it sustained us throughout the day? Genius idea! Of course I have heard this all of my life that a quiet time in the morning is a great way to start the day. Do I always do this-No, because I get distracted.

You see where I am going with this -don't you? I think a big breakfast of Jesus first thing is the best way to start the day off right-physically, mentally and spiritually! I want to enjoy the Lord's buffet so I have to eliminate the junk food (stuff) from my diet.

Photo by Alyce Bass
http://www.potsonthestove.blogspot.com

So to kick off our "Less is More Project"-we are going to get full off of Jesus first thing in the morning. In order for us to truly live our motto we have to be filled with the Spirit so we are guided on this "path of life."


Join us on this fun journey-riding through life together!



I will be blogging weekly our journey through the de-cluttering of stuff in our lives and posting pictures on Instagram of our daily progress. Join in on the fun-share your journey with us too! What will you and your family give up and get rid of? 

Use the hashtag #30daylessismoreproject and share your photos of what you are doing to simplify life.


Simply Home Living "Southern Style"