6.04.2014

Inspired Wall Decor



I've only been blogging for about nine months and it has really opened a new world for me. The wonderful blogs I get to read and the new people I meet are just a few of the blessings. It's cool how everyone encourages and shares ideas. Today's blog is about something I saw on someone's blog and just had to try it in my own home.
 Four Generations One Roof www.fourgenerationsoneroof.com is one of my favorite sites. She has decorated her home in a way that is simple yet beautiful but very practical. I can only imagine having to decorate a home around lots of family members but Jessica has done it. If you have time jump over to her blog and see the amazing things she has created!

Today I will show you how to create a simple wall panel that cost little to nothing and was inspired by Jessica's home.

I'm always on the hunt for frames-all shapes and sizes because you never know when you will need one. I chose a smaller one because it will be the centerpiece of the panel. I selected fabric from Wal-Mart (cost me $7 for a yard but I only used half) and the panel I got at the thrift store brand new in the package. But you can also purchase the panel board at Wal-Mart.

I painted the frame with Olympic's ONE latex indoor paint- the color is off-white. It's not chalk paint but a great wall paint with a nice sheen good for any project. I bought the sample size. I covered the panel with the fabric stapling it in place. Then I hot glued the frame to the panel board. You can place the frame anywhere on the panel, I prefer the middle because I like things symmetrical. I reinforced with extra glue and hung in my hallway with a plate over top. I love the way it fills the space but keeps the space light and airy!



There you have it- for less than $15 you too can create a wall decor panel.


Simple home decorating "southern style"