4.10.2014

How to Create Simple Table Settings for Easter


How to Create Simple Table Settings for Easter

Setting a table for a special luncheon or dinner shouldn't be a stressful thing.  I love to entertain and especially have people over to eat a meal. What better way to fellowship with others than around the table with food. Easter is one of my most favorite holidays! First of all it's all about Jesus-Easter is the Gospel-it's the story of forgiveness, sacrifice and amazing love! I look forward to it each year. And, yes we have our traditions that we have done for years-like giving the girls an Easter basket (but not from that dumb bunny), we buy new dresses for church, we attend several special services and of course gather around the table for lunch after church. 

Here are some quick and easy table settings for your special meal.


Type up a menu or favorite verse, print it and place in a decorative frame. Different frames at each place setting is very southern. It makes each place setting special. Here I used a white table cloth with a spring cloth placemat and my china. I love to pull out the china for any occasion. A simple flower from the yard and twine tied around the napkin and fork finish this setting off. I used an antique ramekin from my collection as the centerpiece.



You can make your table setting less formal by having a little fun. Flowers in a watering can and plastic peep eggs make this fun especially for the kids. You may want to change out the glass for a smaller one at the kids table- maybe have a special smaller glass used only at holidays.


More fun with the plastic peep eggs in my vintage Easter basket I bought at Goodwill for $2. Also, the paper flower napkins came from the Dollar Tree. Use them to layer your dishes giving it a "pop" of color.


I have a decorating closet that holds all of my extras for decorating. In preparing for this blog post I pulled everything out and started creating fun place settings. I found this paper bird that is actually a Christmas ornament. You never know what you find in your "closet." I paired the bird with a blue piece of burlap and the grapevine ball. This is a more natural setting-great for an outdoor lunch or even a patio party.

These are just a few examples of how to create simple table settings for Easter. Be creative and use what you have- mix colors, use a theme, do all white-anything goes when you create it!

Simple Home Decorating-Southern Style!

Wendy