3.29.2014

RECYCLED PALLET WOOD HEADBOARD



How to Turn a Recycled Pallet into a 
Beautiful Headboard

I  enjoy decorating for my friend and neighbor, Tammy. She has such a spicy personality and she is not afraid to play with color. We had been looking for some old doors to use as a headboard but what we were finding was super expensive. In the search for a headboard, Tammy found an old pallet (by the dumpster) that was about 9 feet long. Perfect!
I hauled it home, took it apart and my husband cut it down to size. I sanded it just a bit because I loved the weathered look of the board. After a good cleaning-Tammy requested her favorite paint color-Antibes Green by Annie Sloan. I painted it with one coat so the wood would still shine through and I applied a thin coat of dark aging wax. Mel and I added the support pieces to the back so we could put it all back together. We attached it to the wall for extra support. I love how it turned out and it just compliments the colors in her bedroom.








Another successful project!



Wendy