1.11.2014

Decorating a Friend's Office Space




How to Spice up a Sunroom into a Cozy Office Den

When I started Burlap and Barn Doors back in August, I was hoping to build a business to include decorating-my favorite hobby. The business is really centered around furniture-shabby, coastal, painted and repurposed. Because of the business, the window of opportunity to decorate has opened. I'm still not sure where the business will take us but I'm loving it so far. It's hard work but it's fun. It's probably the best job I have ever had because I just walk across my porch into the workshop (garage) and work whenever and however I want. No complaining here! It's been a blessing. I owe a great big thank you to my friend and neighbor, Tammy. She bought one of my first pieces I made-a chalkboard made out of an old frame. She has since purchased several pieces of furniture and has put an order in for some more. I am so grateful for her willingness to give us a shot! Today, was a milestone for the business. I had been working on Tammy's office/den area and today we got to pull it all together! It was so much fun. Tammy has a great eye for design and she and I were able to bounce ideas around and come up with a super cozy office space that I know she will enjoy. This room is so beautiful because it has two full walls of windows and french doors. It's a perfect place for her to work. No window treatments needed because of the natural landscape outside. Here are some before and after pictures:
Before-when I started to move the furniture around in the space.
Moved the two chairs from the window side to the wall.
Room in progress
After-The family wall-I absolutely love it!!
The cozy nook for her to work and watch the news.
Family wall-side view
I will be stopping by to curl up in this chair and read a book.
She had this gorgeous painting and no wall space-
so I sat it in the deep window sill.
The table is one my husband made.

Wendy