12.12.2013

Christmas Open House in Richmond Hill

There's nothing like living in a small country town. Richmond Hill is not too small but it still boasts the small town feel that I absolutely love. We've lived here about a year and I am still amazed at the new people I meet and their down home sense of style and warmth! We chose to live in Richmond Hill because it reminds us of the country living we miss. Being in Richmond Hill really gives us the best of both worlds because we aren't far from Savannah, Tybee Island, Jekyll Island and only a "hop, skip and a jump" to Florida. Southern living at its' best! The city really honors local businesses and encourages its' residents to shop local. Richmond Hill is not built up with lots of chain stores and restaurants but it hosts a lot of local business owners with some incredible stores and places to eat!

This evening I visited Ella's, a home decor and gift shop located right on Ford Avenue-the hub of the city. Ella's is owned by Dana Lewis and is the best gift store in town. Dana has such an amazing eye for design and every time I shop there she has added something really unique to her store. Tonight Ella's hosted a Christmas Open House. Food, wine and shopping were at the for front of the evening for her guests. I enjoyed meeting Dana Lewis and her husband Griffin Lewis, a local builder. I also enjoyed meeting some local ladies that have the same style in decorating as I do. The store was just glowing with Christmas spirit and a warm welcoming atmosphere even on this chilly night in the south.

I want to showcase Ella's here on my blog. If you live in the area or are near I encourage you to stop by and check the store out for  gifts and decor. It's truly a wonderful place to visit-I promise you will not be disappointed!


Dana's father's truck sits outside of the store-it's so vintage!!

This was a little shop out back she calls the "burlap room"-for some reason I just love that name!







Beach room-sea turtles and sea horses (my favorite creatures) everywhere-oh my!!




Love these wooden monograms.



This is so beautiful!










My new crazy obsession-pillow wraps! Can I get one in every color and saying??

I am saving my money to purchase this painting-it's the cow painting I have been looking for. It's so simple but beautiful. I want it for my home-have the perfect wall just waiting for it!



THANK YOU DANA FOR LETTING ME PHOTOGRAPH YOUR BEAUTIFUL STORE!