10.22.2013

It's official!

I am so excited-the booth is finally opened. I'm sharing a booth with a friend at Treasures on Pooler Parkway in Pooler, GA. I've met lots of people in this type of business and everyone has advised me to start with a booth.  Booth sharing is even better because we can both fill it up and keep it full-something that makes the store look better and provides for more inventory to be sold. One day I would love to open my own repurpose /decorating studio. So, today I leaped in with both feet and worked with my friend to get our booth ready for business. Our two businesses are Burlap and Barn Doors (Me) and Katie Bleu Clair (Katie). We both love to refinish and paint furniture and of course decorate! LaDean, the owner of Treasures, is the nicest lady! Her shop is filled with wonderful "treasures" that meet all kinds of style interests. I met some of the other dealers that share in the same love of decorating. It will be nice to bounce ideas off of other people as well as encourage those in the business.  I just got an email that two of my items sold in the store today-the first day!! Wow!! I better get the rest of my projects done and out of the garage and into the store. It's a good feeling to be able to do what I love and share my journey with you on this blog. Happy Decorating!!